Monday, August 1, 2011

Surfer Sandwich

First I made homemade 'Seaweed Bread'. To be honest, I thought the recipe was a little 'heavy' due to the half-content of whole-wheat flour. Whole wheat flour is certainly good for you, but to be honest, to make a more appealing 'burger', I think next time I will try my own recipe of all "bread flour". So this is what I say to you: Pick your favorite bread recipe (like maybe a french/italian or regular white bread) and just add "diced" Nori sheets (dried seaweed usually used in sushi-making). I cut them into strips (approximately 3 per loaf of bread), then dice them with kitchen scissors. Just add it right in with the dough and mix it in real good. It has an uncanny ability to taste "of the sea". This recipe was inspired by the great cookbook: "DOUGH- Simple Contemporary Bread by Richard Bertinet".

Next I took 2 Tuna Steaks and rubbed some Teriyaki sauce on them with my hands. Then I grilled them on the "grill" plates of our "panini grill". You could also use your 'George Foreman' grill, a regular charcoal or gas grill, or saute' them in a pan. Depending on the grade of tuna you have, you can leave them medium-rare or do them well-done. We bought frozen steaks from Publix, so they were fine to be cooked medium-rare. We cooked them to barely pink. Then the steaks were placed atop lightly-toasted, split seaweed bread buns (that'd been buttered after), topped with a slice of Pepper-Jack cheese, some prepared Wasabi-Mustard (with regular mayonnaise mixed in) , sliced fresh tomato and shredded lettuce. YUM!! The taste of the sea. Serve with crispy fries.

0 comments:

On the Menu--Recipes   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP